Anyone else feel those mid-winter blues this week? January has come and gone and so has almost February, and we’re just starting to realize how much cold weather we have left.
Have no fear — there are some incredibly easy and affordable ways to beat the winter blues until Spring arrives. Take a look at 5 of our favorites!
1. Eat something sweet and sunny. The bright taste of lemon is an instant pick-me-up. These 27 delicious (and gorgeous) lemony dessert recipes (Hello, warm lemon pudding cake!) are a great place to start. (via Buzzfeed)
2. Bring a little life into your home. It’s a fact — having a little bit of plant life makes even the dreariest day seem brighter. Create your own indoor jungle with this guide. (via Apartment Therapy)
3. Play with pops of color. Just because it’s dull and gray outside doesn’t mean your home has to match. Paint one bright accent wall in one of your living spaces! Don’t want to paint? Try something temporary and super playful to brighten your mood, like this paint swatch wall! (via Poppytalk)
4. Organize it! Clearing out all of the old junk from last year and starting with a blank slate is a lot of work, but well worth it, considering how it will make spending time indoors that much more enjoyable. Use these expert tips to organize your home room by room.
5. Treat yourself. Everyone deserves a little luxury! Take an hour to give yourself a little spa treatment — we love this easy avocado face mask. (via Sincerely, Kinsey)1. Bedroom Makeover: Luxurious Neutrals with Erin Gates